- Associate retention has recently been an issue in part due to flat law school admissions. Where were they all going…business school. Maybe not such a good idea anymore. Are Students Switching Career Interest From Business to Law?
- The associate salary boom appears to be at an end. No more keeping up with the law firm down the street, actual quality work will be required. The End of Associate Raises; the Beginning of Performance-Based Pay?
- Growth in new associate classes was actually up an average of 4% this year in DC (Largest Offices), but don’t expect that trend to continue. Hiring Boom, but Law Firms See Bust Ahead
- Don’t like Summer Associate season? No worries next year, as classes are expected to drop by 30 to 35%.
- Last, but not least, we have technology tools for all kinds of specialized tasks, how about an lphone just for lawyers (thanks to the Law Librarian Blog)? Learn more about the lphone.